I finally found a good source of whole wheat flour which is helpful. I used the mill attachment to make oat flour from steel cut oats in my handy dandy KitchenAid stand mixer.
Here is the recipe I used:
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 1/4 tsp Yeast
2 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 tsp Salt
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Oat Flour
3 tbsp Flaxseed meal
1. Dissolve the sugar in the warm water and mix in the yeast. Leave for about 5 minutes. The mixture should have foamed nicely.
2. Dissolve the salt in the melted butter and add to the yeast mixture.
3. Add the wheat and oat flour. Knead for about 8-10 minutes. You can add a little flour about 1/4 cup if the dough is too runny.
4. Keep the dough in a large greased bowl covered with a moist towel for about an hour.
5. The dough should have risen by now. Knead it again for 8-10 minutes.
6. Put the dough in a greased loaf pan and keep it covered again for another hour.
7. Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F and bake for 10 minutes.
Check if cooked by inserting a toothpick in the bread. It should come out clean.
Remove from the pan and let it cool before slicing it.